Dimelow & Gaylard
Dimelow and Gaylard was a drapery store. It was a established in Swan Street in 1898 and quickly became known as 'Dimmeys'.
In 1906, the store suffered major damage from fire. This started an era of redevelopment, expansion and rebirth, changing it from humble drapers to Dimmeys Model Store. The new building was a modern American Romanesque design by H.W. & F.B. Tompkins.